Hypnobirthing® is a rewarding, relaxing, stress-free method of birthing that is based on the belief that when a mother is properly prepared for birthing physically, mentally, and spiritually, she can experience the joy of birthing her baby in an easier, more comfortable way. Hypnobirthing® is as much as philosophy as it is a technique that introduces hypnosis, a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel and the choices we make. Almost anyone who chooses to, can reach deep relaxation and redirect their focus. Birthing becomes a calm, relaxed experience, without the fear and tension that cause pain. The body’s natural anaesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones that create pain, and when it’s time for baby to be born, the mother is empowered, confidence and peaceful.
Make your birthing experience different!
Advantages of HypnoBirthing
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during, and after birthing.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers, and shortens the first stage of labour by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labour, enabling you to be fresh and awake with energy for birthing.
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods, and allows a more rapid postnatal recovery.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience that nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
What will you learn?
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm and comfort.
- Techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour.
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia.
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing, and why some women in other cultures have birthings almost entirely free of discomfort.
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labour.
- Practice in deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
Testimonials (thanks to Marilyn Boon and Russell Marling)“HypnoBirthing® gave me a most priceless gift—a childbirth experience that was free of fear.” “Nothing can describe the beauty of our birthing experience with HypnoBirthing® . I never dreamed after having two children with another method that I could have so easy a labour.” “Several of my patients have used HypnoBirthing® . The result: little or no medication and yet, a calm and more comfortable mother.” “Hypnobirthing® was the best tool we used in preparation for the birth of our son. It enabled both of us to learn to focus, think positively and become totally relaxed yet excited about the birthing experience. It allowed my husband to learn more about the natural birthing process, and really provided him with the confidence and enthusiasm to be able to assist me in the most meaningful and helpful way possible. It meant that we could work as a team on the day and what a team we were! My labour was a totally empowering, drug free, amazing and beautiful experience and I attribute that to the HypnoBirthing® skills we learnt. Thank you so much!” LT N.E Adelaide “Hypnobirthing® allowed me to have a relaxed and comfortable labour and birth without the need for pain killers. Bringing my ‘hypnobaby’ into the world was a fantastic experience that my family and I will always treasure!” SM Adelaide
- The HypnoBirthing course is conducted over five sessions of two half hours each
- Or individual classes available upon request
- For more information please click here